Nintendo Switch Boot Camp, Presented by Jack's Caregiver Coalition
Learn by doing in an interactive workshop designed to demystify the infamous Nintendo Switch. Or just grab a beer and some wings with your fellow Jacks.
This is a "Jacks Only" event. Guys, 18 and older, who've cared for a loved one with cancer.
Sunday, February 23rd, 2020
4:30 pm – 6:30 pm
4:30 pm – 6:30 pm
- Free for members. To learn more about and to become a member, visit our membership page.
- Free for non-members who've been to less than 2 or less Jack's events.
- $25 for non-members who've already been to 2 or more Jack's events.
Common Roots Cafe
2558 Lyndale Ave S.
Minneapolis, MN 55405
(a private room within the venue)
Hungry for more details?
Beer, Wings, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Need we say more? Ok, we will.
- All instructor fees, food and drinks will be provided by Jack’s.
- Nintendo Switch is a game system that brings back all the characters that you remember from your childhood. It’s also wholesome multiplayer fun for the whole family.
- You’ll learn how easy it’d be to bring this fun to your home. Your loved one with cancer might not be up for a night on the town, but an evening of laughter at home on the Switch might be just what the doctor ordered.
- The bootcamp will kick off with the basics. Answering common questions like, “What the hell is this thing?”, “Is it working?”, “What button do you keep pushing?”, and “Will this thing rot your brain?”.
- The second half will be tournament play. We’ll team up and engage in epic man battles of strategy and finger endurance, the only question is - will you prevail?
- About our Instructor: 12-year-old Merrick Woody. Merrick himself is a caregiver for his Mom who’s a 8+ year survivor of metastatic colon cancer. He’s grown his own hair out to make her a wig, shaved her head himself, reminds her when it’s time for her meds, and even administers her neupogen shots. In other words, the dude is a mini-boss.